What Happens When One of Us Goes Away and the Power of Coming Back to Our Womb
As I write this, I am in full Manifesting Generator mode though I'll tell you a secret: I am not a Manifesting Generator ๐. Well, at least not on a regular basis; the transit has my MG mode on lock! ๐
Right now, I am preparing food for my kids before their volleyball game, dancing to my Latin Move playlist to move my energy, and feeling... a little sad. A little melancholy. Nostalgic, even.
This week, Marc, The Sage, is off grid.
If you've been following our page, you know that two years ago he went into the desert on his Vision Quest: fasting for four days and nights, and returning with a new view of life and a deeper fire lit within him. A deeper commitment to himself, and to us. More clarity. More presence.
Integration is an ongoing process, though, and the last couple of years have been a ride. Lots of identity shedding, and a new layer arriving through his health. His body communicating that there was still more work to do in order to truly embody the new him. But that's his story to tell, and he will, when he's ready.
What I want to talk about is what happens when one of us goes away. On retreat, on a personal immersion, or answering a deeper inner calling.
![]() |
| The Mother Tree on our way to Haleakalฤ |
I recently went on a Sacred Woman retreat to Maui in March.
A full week immersed in what I can only call Heaven on Earth, with my sisters, in full feminine glory.
Play.
Pleasure.
The feminine arts.
Island adventures and grid activations.
It was fun, it was expansive, and it was energetic work. I loved every moment.
I returned in full Shakti activation mode, with my womb lit up and ready to create.
While I was there, I purposely disconnected from my phone, other than a few necessary things and our group thread.
And Marc? He wrote me letters.
Not texts. Not voice memos. Letters. His thoughts, his process, what was moving through him as I was moving through mine, showing up on the page while we were both doing our own work, separately, in different corners of the world.
I came home and cried reading them.
Not because I had missed him - though I had - but because I got to witness him.
His inner world, his challenges, his becoming, written out in real time. And something in that created a different kind of intimacy than the one we'd built side by side.
When we came back together, we weren't just resuming where we'd left off. We were meeting each other - more fully, more deeply - as the people we'd each grown into in that time apart.
That's the recommitment.
That's what devotion actually looks like.
Not just choosing each other in the easy rhythm, but choosing each other through the growth.
Choosing to show up, even across the distance, even on paper.
Conscious space doesn't weaken a relationship. When it's held with intention, when you're both still seeing each other even while apart, it reveals the intimacy that was always there.
It deepens it. Not in a sexual way, but in the way that truly matters: the intimacy of being witnessed, known, chosen.
Now he's away, and guess what?
I miss him.
Especially those first couple of days. I've read the thing that says when we are truly complete within ourselves, we shouldn't miss anyone. And to some extent, I agree. But there is something else that is also true.
When you are in a relationship, a real one, a new energetic connection is created. A rhythm. A field you both live inside of. And when one person suddenly goes away, even when your mind knows it's coming, there is a kind of shock to the system. Your body and your energy feel the gap. They need time to recalibrate. To come back to only themselves.
Not incompleteness. Intimacy.
This is exactly why I advocate for feminine grounding practices, not to bypass what we feel, but so we can recognize when we've drifted from our own center, and find our way back without shame or minimizing.
So here's what I do.
I breathe. I cry if I need to. I send a prayer. And then I move.
Dancing is one of the most powerful practices we have for moving energy, dispelling what isn't ours, shaking off what we've absorbed, and returning to ourselves in real time.
When you're feeling tense, uncertain, emotions running high, don't just sit with it.
Move. Really move.
Shake that booty, sis.
I mean it.
When I do, I come back to myself. To my own heart. To my womb.
I ask: What do I need today? What does my womb need from me right now? And I take one small action toward that answer.
That practice - connecting to your womb, following her daily guidance, taking one grounded step - is one of the practices I share with those in my mentorship program.
I am there holding the in-between space while they follow a daily action in what their womb guides - building trust, consistency, and new safety in their nervous systems.
I would love to hear from you! What are some daily practices you have to return to your body, inner wisdom, and womb?
~ Mari, The Oracle
If you're not following us on social media, visit us @theoracleandthesage on IG
You can also read more about us on our website: www.mysticsandmetaphysics.com


Comments
Post a Comment